Debian 11 Install Script MySQL not working

Because there is support for Debian 10 in MySQL, not Debian 11, but the version for MySQL will function under Debian 11. Debian 10 is also EOL.

In Debian 11 the native ufw firewall must be disabled and removed before firewalld is installed. Thatā€™s wat caused the install.sh script to fail every time.

In my own script, I have IPTables set up because so many open source VoIP security services uses it.

I donā€™t think that is installed by default. At least not on a minimal install. Probably not a full install either since Debian seems to have standardized on firewalld.

Looking at their script, firewalld is used by default in Debian, and no installation of it was done, nor does UFW appear anywhere.

The default firewall on Debian 11 is UFW as compared to Debian 10 nftables. Just Google it or create a Debian 11 instance on Digital Ocean or Vultr. I donā€™t know if itā€™s active by default with every installation, but it happened to be active in mine each time I installed it.

The ASTPP script does not mention UFW but it does mention and install Firewalld towards the end of the script, just before installing fail2ban. This causes a conflict with ufw if it is not disabled and removed and breaks the script. Again, if you run into this problem, a simple solution is to disable and remove ufw prior to running the script.

You can look at it yourself

Not sure what we are arguing about.
Line 616 installs firewalld.
Line 654 installs fail2ban.

You mentioned UFW

Yes. The UFW firewall is part of Debian 11 and is set up by default during the installation. The ASTPP script does not install Debian 11 and thus contains no reference to UFW. It only installs ASTPP once you have Debian 11 up and running.

Therefore, if the ASTPP script breaks right after line 616 installing firewalld, simply disable the UFW firewall before starting the script and it works fine.

W: GPG error: Index of /232905/apt/debian bullseye InRelease: The following signatures couldnā€™t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY B7B3B788A8D3785C
E: The repository ā€˜Index of /232905/apt/debian bullseye InReleaseā€™ is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository canā€™t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

I am getting the same error. I think the astpp install does something weird for the MySQL install with Debian 11 and that causes the error further down the road when you try to update Debian

ā€œGPG error: Index of /232905/apt/debian bullseye InRelease: The following signatures couldnā€™t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY B7B3B788A8D3785Cā€

if you need to install it urgently, change the version in the script to wget https://repo.mysql.com//mysql-apt-config_0.8.29-1_all.deb
sudo dpkg --install mysql-apt-config_0.8.29-1_all.deb
heā€™ll quarrel but heā€™ll let him through