[ERR] switch_utils.c:4584 Unknown message digest md5

@dhruvil.panchal please receive my “THANKS” for your support.
YES, the problem was solved.
ASTPP is going GREAT now.
I still have some questions; (still researching ASTPP)

PS: @SOCIAL, here the solution for you.

Hello good day, i tried, follow the steps to solve the issue, but not work, on step 1, don’t make any update, so when end all steps, don’t working, what version of spenssl must to have? . Thank you for your help.

Hi @imendezj
I have bad news for you and for my virtual friend Dhruvil …
Steps and procedure described by @dhruvil.panchal were very effective when he applied the procedure…
some days later, the issue re-appeared…“okay” (i told myself)…“just let´s run again the @dhruvil.panchal procedure and no problem…”
…yes…the procedure solved the issue…for three days…and again…and again…and again…

I don´t know if this has relation with the OpenSSL version…but the issue re-appears …
…sorry @dhruvil.panchal :frowning:

Hi,
I think is a hashing password problem between ASTPP and FreeSWITCH. In pure FreeSWITCH NEVER this happens.
Regards

Hello @urbanet,

Please check and do below steps:

Step 1: Check mod_hash module: Make sure that the mod_hash module is loaded and configured properly in FreeSWITCH. You may want to check the “/etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/modules.conf.xml” file to ensure that the module is loaded, and check its configuration in the “/etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/hash.conf.xml” file.

Step 2: Restart FreeSWITCH: After making any changes to the software or configuration, restart FreeSWITCH to ensure that the changes take effect.

Hi @dhruvil.panchal thanks for following-up…

1. I checked “mod_hash”; it seems like everything ok… below, "/etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/modules.conf.xml” content, in the corresponding part:
  <!--  Required to run astpp    -->
    <load module="mod_xml_curl"/>
    <load module="mod_json_cdr"/>
    <load module="mod_hash"/>
<!--    <load module="mod_nibblebill"/> -->
    <!--<load module="mod_xml_cdr"/>-->

1. This is the content of “hash.conf.xml”; I just see commented lines:
<configuration name="hash.conf" description="Hash Configuration">
  <remotes>
	<!-- List of hosts from where to pull usage data -->
	<!-- <remote name="Test1" host="10.0.0.10" port="8021" password="ClueCon" interval="1000" /> -->
  </remotes>
</configuration>

I am also having this issue for quite sometimes. It looks like it may be a FreeSwitch issue & addressed in this issue, as well as closed after this pull-request.

What is the optimal way to incorporate the latest FreeSwitch code & test whether it fixes the issue in the ASTPP v6.0? I’ll appreciate any other suggestion to try, otherwise I may need to revert to an older version of ASTPP.

NB: My versions of modules.conf.xml & hash.conf.xml look exactly similar as @urbanet posted in the last replies.