Grace period for package billing

Not all of us want to do minute only like I see most doing. Instead we may want to offer unlimited packages in certain calling areas, and outside that area, billing per minute.

In cases where the client does not pay on time, we don’t want to cut off their service, and instead may want to give an x number of days to pay before cutting service off. I think it would be nice to put in a announcement during, the grace period, and another if service is cut off.

Are you talking about post pay or something else in addition to that? ASTPP definitely can do post pay.

I am referring to any billing. There should be the option of a payment grace period so the service is not shut down the moment the date passes the due date.

A grace period is a period immediately after the deadline for an obligation during which a late fee, or other action that would have been taken as a result of failing to meet the deadline, is waived provided that the obligation is satisfied during the grace period. In other words, it is a length of time during which rules or penalties are waived or deferred. Grace periods can range from a number of minutes to a number of days or longer, and can apply in situations including arrival at a job, paying a bill, or meeting a government or legal requirement.

That still sounds like post paid to me.
https://docs.astppbilling.org/itplmars/latest/customer-management-4196777.html

ACCOUNT TYPE ASTPP system support two type of accounts (Prepaid/Postpaid)

Prepaid Accounts: Prepaid mode is like pay as you go. users have to top-up their account as per the usage and after the Top-up they can use the balance. so this type of accounts required sufficient balance must for any action.

Postpaid Accounts: Postpaid mode works based on the credit limit defined for this account. system allow users to use any of the services till their credit limit not reach to defined max limit. for postpaid customers system generate invoices on their billing date and they have to clear their outstanding first to continue or maintain their account

What if on post pay, they don’t pay by the due date? Don’t you want to be able to get them an additional 5 days maybe, with perhaps an announcement to contact the billing people?

For prepaid, I am sure you want the same thing, Maybe give them an additional few days before you cut the service off.

Also, what if you want to have a hybrid of the two? Prepaid base service, with post pay to certain calling areas which is outside the base calling area.