Something seems to be not functioning in Community version (database writes)

@KNERD Okay we will check at our local setup and update you ASAP.

@tinku.keot thank you kindly.

I have tested on a local VPS and a cloud server on Debian 11, and getting the same results with the iNextrix installer.

If you want an easy database browser UI try Adminer. It’s just one file. Just plop it in the root folder of the ASTPP web directory and browse to it.

You need a barebones install with just the OS and nothing else. If you are using Webmin then it’s not a standard install because Webmin alters the server. I never see the stuff you see so it must be something to do with the way you are installing it.

I do install a barebones. It is only after I see issues, I start installing extra stuff to see what is going on, and why it does not function correctly.

If I am installing incorrectly, then blame it on INextrix with their install script.

I also have so-called “version 6” installed on a local test VPS from a few months ago. It seems to be working fine.

With that, I do see there have been some more recent updates to the community version about four months ago on GitHub. Perhaps that could be the reason for the problem.

@KNERD Install vanilla ASTPPv6 using latest installations script which is having sudo package related modification applied, it will install mysql db and configure, interconnect components as needed and you will not have the issue mentioned. Share your findings afterwards.

@devangn ev I did all that, and the writes to MySQL is still having issues. I did mention I used the iNextrix installer script also with the same results.

Try one more time. Don’t apply anything in the server before installation, don’t apply anything after installation.

I have two VPS I have tested this on. One on a local PC using Oracle VirtualBox, and another on SSH Nodes. Same results, unless some sort of update has been made since I posted this message. Otherwise I got the same results for both.

Freeswitch does not use MySQL by default. It uses SQLite. I gave more details in another thread and I also pointed this out to you before at least one other time. Unless the install script configures that. I don’t use the install script so I’m not sure.

Regarding errors in the logs. I would not get too distracted by them. Most are probably not related to your problems and may be completely benign, as in nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Until you upgrade the ancient obsolete (end of life for about 10 years now) highly insecure version of CodeIgnitor used in Community Edition I consider it abandonware. Doesn’t matter what version number you give it or what PHP version it can run.

You didn’t even bother applying minor updates to that old version of CodeIgnitor, which included several security updates, so I consider ASTPP Community edition to be very insecure right now.

It is configured to use MySQL during setup. I can confirm this in a.functioning test install from maybe 4-5:months ago using their script.

Also, even using my own script based on theirs, i can see info be put into mysql (or mariadb), but the gateway data is incomplete or.missing while the name of the gateway given remains. I think a bug may have been introduced recently

No changes within 4-5 months applied which might relate with this concern, that is you may confirm from merges @KNERD

@devangn I just booted up the other one which is functioning. While it does not have an installation date, I do have it labeled as “version 6” and one gateway in it. It appears to be the original gateway which was created with the installation as the creation date is 2016. However, it appears I had modified that one to my provider. It has a date of October 24, 2022.

If I recall correctly, this was installed after everyone was getting reports from MySQL of not having a compatible OS and you all here told everyone to select “Buster” as the OS for MySQL, and it would work out.

I then added a new gateway without issue.

This is also Debian 11 in VirtualBox using the iNextrix installer.

Something has had to of changed since October and recently.

There are two completely separate databases. There is the ASTPP database which ASTPP needs to do anything. Then there is the Freeswitch database that is used for Freeswitch internal operations, such as sip_profile, and is not specific to ASTPP. That database defaults to SQLite. I looked through the install script and it doesn’t appear to be altering that default configuration, so as far as I can tell Freeswitch will be using SQLite unless you manually change that.

I do not use the install script but It looks like it is installing Freeswitch v1.4. If that is right that is a really really really old version. I manually install Freeswich v1.10 and it works just fine. The install script should probably be updated to use a newer version of Freeswitch because v1.4 is ancient, just like the version of CodeIgnitor used.

I am aware of SQLite. However, they are using MySQL to store things including gateway info in it.

This is the version installed by their script:

FreeSWITCH version: 1.10.9-release-21-a615e85afc~64bit

I should also mention on the local VPS I have which is functioning fine, I have done no updates to it. I wonder if I should save a current snapshot then perform a OS update to see it the problem comes up.

I must have been looking at an old version of the script.

So you mean, with this setup, you are able to create new Gateway with correct and working entry in DB and FS?

As of currently. NO, I am unable to create a new gateway with no information being put into the database.

But, as mentioned, on an installation from this past October, with no updates to the system, it all functions correctly.

@devangn Bit of an update.

After paying a little more attention, this installation was done on Debian 10, not Debian 11.

There had been no updates since October 2022 on it since the installation. I ran the updates and there were a little over 300 updates. After a reboot, the ASTPP installation continues to function well.

I guess this is a Debian 11 issue.

Edit:
I just tried your iNextrix installer script with Debian 10. It now fails badly.

Maybe we need to get the community version 6 actually functioning before working on version 7?