Debug in ASTPP?

In the file, /opt/ASTPP/config/astpp-config.conf I see

; Do we want the startup of ASTPP debugged?
debug = 0

Is that a 1 or a 0? Or, is there a log level? The documentation is silent on this.

I am testing MariaDB with so-called version “6.” While I have no problem reading the contents of the database, writing to it seems to be a problem.

Should I use this debug, or PHP?

I think we are not using that variable anywhere.

Okay then, thanks for responding

I think it is because they would have to update their install script. The last time I downloaded it, it had numerous issues like commands for BASH which do not exist, putting “sudo” in places where it should even be in the script as their script does not even install sudo.

The PR to ASTPPv6 will be created from existing PR from @sman123 and merged in this week.

CI Debug parameter to write logs according to configured levels are there in ASTPPv6.

But it is not documented anywhere.

/var/lib/astpp/astpp-config.conf this file having the code comment explaining the reason and meaning, check the PR 601

@devangn /var/lib/astpp/astpp-config.conf is identical to what I quoted in the original post, and that is all there is.

But looking at PR 601, version 5 was merged, not version 6 to fix it. And it was just added just now.

I went ahead and added those changes to my local copy.

Thank you

Edit:

I made the changes to

/opt/ASTPP/web_interface/astpp/application/config/config.php

$config [‘log_threshold’] = $astpp_config [‘debug’];

and

; 0 = Disables logging, Error logging TURNED OFF
; 1 = Error Messages (including PHP errors)
; 2 = Debug Messages
; 3 = Informational Messages
; 4 = All Messages

debug = 4

/var/lib/astpp/astpp-config.conf

I would assume the log should be in /var/log/astpp/astpp.log but I am not seeing anything .

It doesn’t seem to be documented anywhere but this is how it works.

opt/ASTPP/web_interface/astpp/application/config/config.php > $config['log_threshold'] = 4

Will cause a datestamped log file to be created at:

/opt/ASTPP/web_interface/astpp/application/logs/

You should only enable that temporarily and delete the file afterwards because it does not get automatically deleted.

Enabling
Configuration > Settings > Calls > Debug

Will enable the log file at:
/var/log/astpp.log

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out.

I do see some issues arising which could be related to the reason why username, proxy, register, caller-id-in-from data is not being placed into the DB in correctly

ERROR - 2023-05-11 16:32:15 → Severity: Notice → Undefined variable: id /opt/ASTPP/web_interface/astpp/application/modules/freeswitch/controllers/freeswitch.php 690
ERROR - 2023-05-11 16:32:15 → Severity: Notice → Undefined index: gateway /opt/ASTPP/web_interface/astpp/application/modules/freeswitch/controllers/freeswitch.php 693
ERROR - 2023-05-11 16:32:15 → Severity: Warning → array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given /opt/ASTPP/web_interface/astpp/application/modules/freeswitch/controllers/freeswitch.php 693
ERROR - 2023-05-11 16:32:15 → Severity: Notice → Undefined index: gateway /opt/ASTPP/web_interface/astpp/application/modules/freeswitch/controllers/freeswitch.php 700
ERROR - 2023-05-11 16:32:15 → Severity: Notice → Undefined index: register /opt/ASTPP/web_interface/astpp/application/libraries/astpp/form.php 878
ERROR - 2023-05-11 16:32:15 → Severity: Notice → Undefined index: caller-id-in-from /opt/ASTPP/web_interface/astpp/application/libraries/astpp/form.php 878

I would not get too distracted by those errors. Doesn’t look like it’s related to your problem, which is probably that you are expecting the info to be saved in MySQL when it is actually saved in SQLite by default.

1 Like

astpp-config.conf, is having the explanation/code comment about CI related logs will be printed under astpp/application/logs/log-YYYY…

1 Like

Maybe should consider moving those to /var/log

Check for variable $config [‘log_path’] and modify accordingly under /var/www/html/astpp/application/config/config.conf

1 Like

Do you mean config.php? There is no config.conf

Sorry, yes.

1 Like

That could be improved upon in case the debug = 0 is missing.

$config ['log_threshold'] = $astpp_config ['debug'] ?: 0 ;

This is tertiary short hand for:

if ($astpp_config ['debug'] === false) {
    $config ['log_threshold'] = 0;
} else {
    $config ['log_threshold'] = $astpp_config ['debug'];
}
1 Like

And that merge he said would happen in 7 days did not occur

It seems it does be needed.

Even with a 0 in there, I am still seeing logs generated

I will try adding your code.